- This event has passed.
HSNC Fall 2022 Meeting in New Bern
October 14, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm$35
In person, Tryon Palace in New Bern, NC! Register by RSVP to Mike Perdue.
Want to join by Zoom? Register in advance here to be sent the link.
2:00-3:00 pm: Executive Council Meeting: Tryon Palace Conference Room
3:00-4:00 pm: Social Hour: History Center Lobby
4:00 – 5:30 pm: Afternoon Session (Tryon Palace Auditorium)
- Welcome and Announcements, Arwin Smallwood
- Gregory Taylor, “A Fun-House Mirror: North Carolina Viewed from a Prison Cell.”
- “Rethinking the Connor Award: R.D.W Connor and his Successors”
- R.D.W. Connor: Cecelia Moore
- Helen G. Edmonds: Freddie Parker
- Ray Gavins: Jeff Crow
5:30-6:00 pm: Business Meeting (HSNC Members only)
- Report of the Committee on Nominations; election of officers, member of the Executive
Council, and new members: Karin Zipf
- Old and New Business
- Treasurer’s Report
6:00-7:00 pm: Dinner (History Center Gallery)
- Reservations & Payment Required, $35. Reserve your space by emailing Mike Perdue.
7:00-8:00 pm Evening Session (Tryon Palace Auditorium)
- Memoir for Lindley S. Butler (1939-2022): Michael Perdue
- Presentation of the Hugh T. Lefler Award: Michael Perdue
- Presentation of the Outstanding Teacher of North Carolina History Award: Sarah Thuesen
- Presidential Address: Arwin Smallwood